myLittleTools Community Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

No Backup Overwriting Options · View
riaz4683
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 4:01:06 AM
Groups: Member

Hi Forum,

I have a dnn portal with lunarpages and i have the problem with database in mylittleadmin is as follows .....

1.I took backup "backup1" of my database in my local computer using "sql server management studio".the size is 7mb.
2.Using plesk I created a database "Database1" with user "admin1".
3.Using Mylittleadmin>restorebackup(webhosting)>,I restored my database efficiently this time and everything worked fine.I checked the size of the database and it is 7mb in mylittleadmin.
4.After ten days I have updated my web portal with some changes ,so my database has been changed now.
5.I took database backup "backup1" now again with "overwriting the existing" option.The size is 13mb.
6.For the same database "Database1" in mylittleadmin,i restored it with the newly created backup "backup1".
7.I checked the size of the database and it is 20mb in mylittleadmin.So there is no overwritten of database taken place and simply appened with the existing one and this makes my web portal getting slow in lkoading and also producing many errors.
*.I tried with different with another backup new backup file "backup2" from different database on my local,after checking the properties of the database in mylittle ,it is in the old name "backup1".So if i change the backup also it is not working second time.

Can any one please help me to resolve this issue since I am struggling for 15 days and the support team is also not providing correct information.

Regards
Riazx
elian
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 6:00:57 AM

Groups: Administration

This is a normal behavior. Your log file is growing. Try to shrink the db.
riaz4683
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 1:33:40 PM
Groups: Member

Thanks Elian,

You are right ,I did shrining and now it becomes 14mb(original size).Is this the right way to make my database correct?becuase still my website is not working