Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Lots of errors while setting up Options · View
elian
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:57:48 AM

Groups: Administration

Message From Ethan1701

Quote:

Hi,
I'm trying to configure myLittleAdmin on a server to which I have very limiited privileges. I edited the sqlserver node in config.xml, and then recieved the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Now, I already have <customErrors mode="Off" />, so I don't know why I'm getting this message.
I tried the one tip available at the moment on the forum, and commented out the machineKey node in web.config. After doing that, I got the next error:

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'mla_gui.connection'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Inherits="mla_gui.connection" %>
Line 2:
Line 3: <%@ Register TagPrefix="MyLittleAdmin" TagName="MetaHeader" Src="common/metaheader.ascx" %>

Source File: D:\inetpub\wwwroot\sales\portal\admin1\Default.aspx Line: 1

Please help. I have very little time to set this up and test it for our purposes.
-Ethan

elian
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:58:03 AM

Ethan

Thanks a lot for contacting us.

1. Are you trying to install the free lite version or a commercial version ?

2. Could you please post your config.xml file ?

3. Could you please check that you well copy the right DLLs(framework 1.1 or 2.0 - depends on your installed framework) in your bin directory.

4. Check also that your myLittleAdmin folder is declared as a web application. If you cannot do that, then you must delete the machineKey node in web.config and myLittleAdmin DLLs must be located in the bin directory of your root website.

Thanks to keep us informed

Best regards

Gerrit
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 3:25:15 PM
Groups: Member

I have the same problems as Ethan:
Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'mla_gui.about'.
I'me using the fre version of myLitlle Admin.
What can i do

Gerrit
elian
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 3:34:40 PM

I guess that you did not declare your install folder as a web application (virtual directory). Then, the dll cannot be found.

Solution #1: using your IIS control panel, declare your install folder as a web-application. If you installed myLittleAdmin on a shared server, then your web host should allow to declare the install folder as a web-app through his control panel.

Solution #2: You cannot declare the install folder as a web-app. Then you must copy the whole myLittleAdmin bin folder (and sub-folder) content into the bin folder of your website. You must also delete the machineKey node in web.config.

Thanks to keep us informed.