myLittleTools Community Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Error - Options · View
Petath
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:53:21 AM
Groups: Member

I am trying to install the Lite (Free version) of the My Little Admin onto a VPS. I have tried installing it as part of website i.e. www.mindbodyguide.co.uk/MyLittleAdmin/ and I received the following error.

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

I then tried to install it as a stand along website on the same server i.e. www.theGuidetoGuides.co.uk and the log in screen came up but when I tried to log in it came up with this error:

.Net SqlClient Data Provider

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 41 - Cannot open a Shared Memory connection to a remote SQL server)

Can anyone shed some light on how to fix either scenario.

Thanks
elian
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:52:23 PM

Groups: Administration

Hi

Petath wrote:

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

It looks like your server is not accepting .aspx files... check your iis config.

Petath wrote:

.Net SqlClient Data Provider

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 41 - Cannot open a Shared Memory connection to a remote SQL server)

While in the connection page, click on the Options button, then choose TCP/IP as Network Protocol