myLittleTools Community Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Does myLittleAdmin work in a ColdFusion hosted environment? Options · View
markw707
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 4:10:32 PM
Groups: Member

I followed the instructions to set up myLittleAdmin on my site hoster. When I access the folder via the web, all I see is the raw code in the ASP.NET default page. Does myLittleAdmin work in a ColdFusion hosted environment? If so, what do I need to do to get it working? Thank you.
elian
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 4:16:52 PM

Groups: Administration

As explained in the other thread, it really depends on what your hoster is offering in your hosting plan.
myLittleAdmin works in .net environment. Most CFM hosters are also providing .net hosting in the same plans but you have to check that with your web hosting company.

Once again, you can tell us which hoster you are working with and we will check with them for you.

Best regards
markw707
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:10:22 PM

OK. Thank you. It would be great if you could check with them. The hoster is CrystalTech.com. Thanks again.
Craig [CT]
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 6:00:06 PM

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry, our ColdFusion plans at CrystalTech do not have ASP.NET installed on them. We put ColdFusion on a web server that is optimized for Macromedia/Adobe, and then we have ASP.NET web servers that are optimized for Microsoft. We've found that they run MUCH better this way.

Please consider either changing, or adding the plan to an ASP.NET plan, you can see them in the link that I've provided below. We can move plans to other similarly priced plans for no charge and you can request it right in the Control Center under the CUSTOMER menu item.

http://www.crystaltech.com/dotnet20.aspx

Regards,
Craig Brown
CrystalTech Web Hosting, Inc.
markw707
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 7:26:15 PM

I'm happy to see that the two of you (CrystalTech and myLittleTools) connected. And thank you for the advice.

I've used ASP.NET and ColdFusion. I prefer ColdFusion. Maybe others who have used both would disagree. But I like Coldfusion. And I respect that CrystalTech keeps ColdFusion by itself on its server.

My question to all: Can I house myLittleAdmin on my home PC and administer the CrystalTech SQL Server 2005 database from it?

If so, what do I need to do?

If not, do I have any other alternatives? I have experience with myLittleAdmin (with my ASP hoster) and I'd like to continue using it if possible.

Thank you again for all of your help!
elian
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:07:58 AM

Groups: Administration

There are 2 solutions:

#1. your hoster decides to add myLittleAdmin in his hosting offerings and then you will be able to access myLittleAdmin from your hoster control panel.

#2. you install myLittleAdmin on a local server (assuming you have .net framework and iis installed on this server) and you connect your hoster sql server from there. It means that your hoster needs to allow external connections to the SQL server.

Best regards